Sunday 10 May 2009

School & Holidays

Heyy~!

Today I was thinking about why our schooling system at international schools is so bad. I mean, we have holidays or long weekends all the time and I think its really a waste of our money. TIS is always pressuring us and our parents to dig into our pockets and fork out money for charities that we only hear about. We don't actually experience or know about fully. Even the Summer Bash that's happening soon. We go to school and not learn anything. What we're supposed to be paying for is education and solid foundations but all we're getting is fun and games. This Summer Bash that's happening was created by students but the teachers authorised it. That just goes to show how slack they are with trying to get us to actually learn something. If you ask me, the summer bash should be held after school or even on the last day when we're only cleaning up anyway.

Another thing I'd like to say is, next year for year eight its tradition to go to China for our feild trip and its so we can learn more for the China unit. But now they want us to go to Cambodia. I kinda think this is wrong. I mean, if we go to Cambodia we have to help out at the school there and everything but we won't be learning much and, besides, all of the year eights before us have gotten to go to China, so why not us? Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Bye!

xo.
~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment